Are you under the age of sixteen?
If you are younger than sixteen years old, you cannot use our Website and Services without the permission of your parents or legal guardian.
What data do we collect and how do we use your data?
To use our Website and Services, we need the following data:
• Your name
• Your address
• Your phone number
• Your e-mail address
• Your payment details
We can also store the following non-personal data if you use our Website:
• The type of your browser
• The operating system that you use
• The internet service provider
We save the following data to your account: passwords and usernames. This way, you don’t need to provide us with your data again. We also save – for your own convenience – the data of former orders.
We may ask you to participate in market research. We shall use your data for the market research. We use that statistical data anonymously for Octoa. You can close the question list at any moment. We do not share your answers with others or make them publicly available. In addition, your answers are not connected to your e-mail address.
Octoa offers newsletters. That way, you are fully informed of (discount)offers and other news. We use an opt-in system Every time we send you a newsletter you have the possibility to unsubscribe from the newsletter.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes listed above or any other purpose that is connected thereto. This way, your data will never be used by us in an unexpected way.
We work hard to protect your personal data from unauthorized or unlawful access, alteration, disclosure, use or destruction. That way, unauthorized persons do not have access to your data. We take the following measures to protect your personal data:
• Secure network connections with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology or a technology that is similar to SSL
• The access to the data is limited to the persons that need the data
• The access of the data is secured with two-step verification
How long do we store your data?
We shall store your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes listed above.
With whom do we share your personal data?
Sometimes we share your data with third parties who are not processors. We will agree with those parties that they will use your data carefully. They will only use your data in accordance for the purposes that we received your data for. We may share your data for example with: Facebook and Google.
We will only process your data within the European Union. We will only process your data outside of the European Union if the country has an effective protection level for your data.
We will never transfer your data to other countries or other parties then described above.
Cookies are little (text)files which are stored on your computer. Your web browser stores these cookies when you visit our Website. These cookies will be retrieved when you visit our website again. This allows our Website to recognise you as a previous visitor.
You can change your cookie settings in your browser, if you don’t want cookies to be sent to your device. We will not save cookies if you visit our Website. Please note that some Website features or services of our Website may not function properly without cookies. You can read our cookie statement for more information: www.octoa.com/cookiestatement.
The data we collect is personal. Therefore, you have the following rights:
• You may request access to the personal data we process about you;
• You may request us to correct, update, shield or delete your personal information in our records. In the event of fraud, non-payment, or other wrongful act, we can keep some data in a register on a black list; You may request a copy of the personal data we have processed about you. We can – on your request – send this copy to another party, so you don’t have to send the data yourself;
• You may file a complaint against processing your data;
• You may file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority(Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens), if you are under the impression that we process your data unlawfully;
• You may always withdraw your consent to process your data. We cannot process your data from the moment you withdraw your consent.
1171 WZ Badhoevedorp